My top 7 favorite series finales
7. The Wedding of River Song - this episode I feel haphazardly threw together too many ideas in too short of time. It ended a overall good season on a sour note.
6. The Stolen Earth/ Journey's End - there was way too much going on in this complicated finale. Too many bad guys, characters and doctors it did make sense but not a lot of it
5. Army of Ghosts / Doomsday - this episode ended rose's time with the doctor with heart and class. the Cybermen were underwhelming in this episodes but besides that pretty solid.
4. Bad Wolf / Parting of the Ways - a great regeneration story and fantastic end to one of the best reigns in doctor who history
3. Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang - this timey whimey finale was complicated but understandable and a whole lot of fun, this is when Matt Smith really found his groove.
2. The Sound of the Drums / The Last of the Timelords - John Simm was devilishly good as the master, the elements of the two episodes fit seamlessly together.
1. The Name of the Doctor - this episode added to the substance of the show by introducing John Hurt as the doctor.